A baby that is now born is too small and incomplete. Unfortunately, babies today are faced with the ongoing climate change and are negatively impacted by the environment. For example, there is a lot of over-the-counter disposable products and plastic products surrounded by negative environmental factors.
In these times, parents' efforts are very important. There are few environmentally friendly elements from diapers to wipes and laundry. By using environmentally friendly materials with careful attention to the best care of your baby, you can reduce the potential adverse effects on your baby. In this regard, Irish Times and GoodNet have introduced some tips to help raise a baby in an environmentally friendly way.
At least 18 to 24 months after the baby is born, diapers are an inseparable item. Now that disposable diapers are overflowing, you can choose diapers that do not harm your baby's skin at all with thorough and careful consideration from parents.
1. Using cloth diapers: Though cloth diapers have been traditionally used, and of course they have no environmental impact, but are more environmentally friendly than disposable. It is a better choice in terms of price and efficiency if you only take the hassle of frequent sucking.
2. Alternatives to disposable diapers: If you are not comfortable using cloth diapers, you can use other alternatives. A site that evaluates the impact of baby goods such as Etcicol Suomer is to look for disposable diaper brands that are less impactful.
Wet tissues and creams are also clean, clean, and there are ways to rethink the environment.
3. When wiping your baby's body, you can wipe it cleaner with running water instead of wet tissue. It is a much better way for baby's fragile skin.
4. In the house, replace the wipes with sucking cloths or gauze handkerchiefs, and reduce the use of wet tissues only when going out.
5. It is also a good idea to use a handkerchief with a soft cloth such as an old shirt or blankets.
6. In the case of cream applied after using a wet tissue, it is preferable to use a product made by mixing natural ingredients directly, not with chemicals.
When a baby is born, there are many things that need to be done to increase the amount of laundry involved. It is good to use a method that can be washed sufficiently without using a lot of water and detergent.
7. It is wise to minimize as much laundry as possible.
8. Do not use fabric softener as much as possible. Vinegar is used instead of fabric softener, as it not only pollutes the environment but can also irritate the skin.
9. Use cold water as much as possible. Hot water requires more energy. In terms of environmental protection, cold water is more efficient.
It is also good to expose your baby to the natural environment early on and realize the importance of the environment.
10. It is most important to spend time outside, to reduce the electricity and associated energy that you need to use in your home.
11. If you walk the park together instead of the mart, you can exercise and save money.
3R (reduction, reuse, recycling)
We can practice 3R together with children and let them realize the importance of green life.
12. It's a good idea to borrow or buy used items that can only be used for a short time, such as a baby bed.
13. Keep recyclable items such as bottles, boxes, and paper in a safe place.
14. Be open to renting children's clothes or toys. Through family, friends, recycling shops, online sites, etc., you can get products that are not too old and are suitable for your child.
The baby's eating habits have a great impact on the environment. Make sure to maintain environmentally friendly parenting habits in advance.
15. Breastfeeding is the best and most environmentally friendly food for the baby. Feeding itself has no environmental impact, but it is not a good idea to put it in plastic containers in advance. To reduce this waste, it is advisable to freeze the bottle in a glass bottle or BPA-free container.
16. It is a good idea to find a way to recycle the milk cart. For example, it can be used as a small pot or a small trash can to discard kitchen garbage.
17. If your baby is now eating solid food, it is best to cook it yourself, not yours. It is good for your health as well as safe for your family. In addition, environmental waste such as disposable containers and packaging can be reduced.
Change is small
If you decide to switch to an environmentally friendly lifestyle, you should consider the following:
Plastic: It is good to have a mesh bag to eliminate disposable plastic products such as shopping bags or bottle coffee cups and straws. And when you buy a coffee shop or other food, it is always a good idea to carry this bag with you.
* Garbage: Before you buy food or clothing, always make sure that you are thinking about the environment.
* Cleaning: Natural ingredients such as baking soda, vinegar and lemon are very useful for cleaning. However, if you are unsure, it is a good idea to purchase an environmentally friendly alternative.
* Family planning: Having a baby is very exciting and anticipated. However, there are many sectors that need to be taken care of. Therefore, it is required to have an attitude that always considers what should be the first priority for the family and what is the best that the family wants.