|▲ Smoking man (source = Pixar Bay)|
What if there is one thing that is harmful to the human body but difficult to break due to addiction? It is smoking. Tobacco can cause serious lung-related illnesses, but if the addiction is persistent, both psychological and physical conditions can worsen and become fatal.
Disclose smoking cessation tips for smokers who know they need to quit but do not.
Bad influence of smoking
Smoking is very addictive due to nicotine, a component of tobacco. Nicotine is also a substance that makes cigarette smoking very difficult, but it has an arousal effect that excites or paralyzes peripheral nerves. This is a temporary phenomenon, and if you depend on it constantly, you will have side effects such as hypersensitivity or anxiety.
However, the biggest impact is also lung cancer risk. Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers in both men and women, with the following health effects:
- Periodontal disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Colon cancer
- Hip fracture
- ectopic pregnancy
- Type 2 diabetes
- Real name
Necessity of smoking cigarette posters
Smoking posters and signs are a sign that smokers are allowed to smoke only at the place. It is designed for nonsmokers who are also harmed if they do not have to smoke, so they can isolate places with nonsmokers and reduce the effects of secondhand smoke.
Although smoking cessation policies are being implemented in many countries for many years and smoking cessation areas are increasing, smokers also claim smoking rights, so total cessation is not realized.
|▲ Smoking and smoking places should be separated (Source = Flickr)|
Benefits of quitting smoking
I do not know when to continue smoking, but if you quit smoking, you can feel the difference clearly. For example, when you taste and feel, the taste of food is felt better, and when you breathe, it feels more comfortable and easier than when you smoke before.
It also plays an important role in saving the body from a variety of diseases that can be caused by smoking. It can reduce the risk of related cancer, including oral cancer, esophageal cancer, kidney cancer, bladder cancer, laryngeal cancer, cervical cancer, colon cancer, and lung cancer which can be caused by smoking. In addition, the risk of stroke, heart disease and other respiratory-related diseases is reduced.
Effect of smoking cessation
If you quit smoking, your body will undergo a definite change, which is to escape the addiction of nicotine. In fact, the decision to just quit smoking and the actual implementation are very different. If you go through withdrawal, you will soon realize how addictive nicotine is. For example, dizziness, headache, coughing, nausea and fatigue build up. Or you may not get well or your appetite may increase.
These symptoms continue to quit and gradually disappear over time, but can take as long as a few weeks or as long as nine months. This period can vary, depending on how long you smoke and whether you can resist withdrawal.
The best thing about physical change is that the blood circulation improves. This change is evident over two hours after you have stopped smoking for a long time. On the other hand, after cessation of smoking, craving for smoking causes other foods to be searched for, resulting in increased weight.
The lungs that have been the most hit by smoking are gradually improving and can feel improved breathing. The cilium, which has been paralyzed by smoking, has also found its function. The athletic ability is also improved.
|▲ To quit smoking, it is necessary to set the date of the quit smoking and to be faithful to it (source = Wikimedia Commons)|
How to quit smoking
1. It is a good idea to specify the date when you start smoking. However, if you set the date too far, it is not good to have a chance to smoke and increase the chance of delaying the date later.
2. Describe the smoking time and the reasons for smoking so that you can better understand your smoking habits. If we reconsider why we should smoke in everyday life, we can think more about smoking because we can not find any specific reason.
3. It's good to change everyday. For example, you can hide a place where you can not find a cigarette, or put a poster on the wall that clearly shows the adverse effects of cigarettes.
4. Dispose of everything related to cigarettes in accordance with the date of quitting. It is also a good idea to remove all items that may be tempting to smoke, such as ash trays and lighters, change the morning routine, or make other plans to avoid smoking. If you feel the urge to smoke, you can use other things like candy or gum as a substitute.
5. It is wise for the family, friends, co-worker, and others to actively talk about smoking cessation plans and get help around them.
How to overcome the withdrawal phenomenon
If you can not overcome withdrawal and pick up your cigarette again, it may be effective to ask yourself again why you should quit smoking again before you smoke. If it is difficult to control yourself, it is also beneficial to get help and support through online or offline smoking cessation groups or communities.
The most important thing is patience and overcoming. If you do not have a reason to smoke, keep in mind that there is no reason not to quit smoking.