|Source: Pixar Bay|
Being a parent is not easy. In addition, being a 'good' parent requires a more difficult process. Some parents give up saying that they can no longer be good parents, because they do not trust their own parenting methods and eventually they turn their blame on themselves.
So what is good parenting? One medium has defined it as "the art and technology of raising children in the best possible way while providing physical and emotional needs from childhood to adulthood." In other words, for your child's overall development, nurturing is more important than teaching at school.
In this regard, Cynthia Martin, founder of the Children's Program 'First Teacher Program', released the basic guidelines for becoming a good parent.
|Source: Pixar Bay|
Good parent tutorial
1. The most important thing is to actively show that you love your children. It is a very wise way to have fun with your child while expressing them in words or by spending time together. Through this, let your child feel happy with the time they spend with their parents.
2. Make sure that your child has a reasonable level of expectations and that he / she has the appropriate behavior and duties for that age. However, the criteria should be judged appropriate for the child's situation, circumstances, and environment. If you are young, for example, you can feel yourself responsible and obliging yourself to keep your room clean.
3. Parents are the role models of their children. Parents' misbehaviors or words can lead their children to understand it properly. You should always provide lessons for your children so they can be accountable for what they say or do.
4. Even if you are busy, leave time with your child always empty. Being happy with children is a very fundamental element of parenting.
5. It is not easy to want children to always act right. However, it is not desirable to use negative behaviors or language when teaching about inappropriate behavior. It is important to treat children with positive attitudes to maintain the right relationship between their children and their parents. In particular, taking a squeal or coercive attitude in behavioral correction results in only side effects. Instead, you should be able to point out your voice with a soft, confident voice. Let's use a decent tone rather than an angry tone.
6. On the contrary, if your child does the right thing, you should not be praised. Do not try to discipline and teach just about the mistakes, but acknowledging and complimenting what you do well helps you to raise your confidence. In addition, you must acknowledge all the actions and efforts that your child has taken to achieve the desired goals. Parents actively express that they know that their children are making progress towards their goals.
7. Some parents often forget that their children have their own thoughts and feelings. Let's try to listen and understand, helping children express their feelings and feelings naturally. If you see the situation in the way your child does, it will help you to understand your children.
8. When talking to children or explaining something, focus on eye contact, eye contact. Eye contact can be made better by creating an atmosphere that allows children to ask questions instead of admonition.
9. When instructing your child, repeat the process to make sure your children understand your parents well.
10. Parental patience is essential. In fact, raising children is filled with frustration and anger. However, it is prudent for the children to learn patience and perseverance in their lives in the future through patience. This also helps your child's self-development.
|Source: Pixar Bay|
In addition, the Stanford School of Education's "Challenge Success", a nonprofit organization, released basic parenting practices for parents based on research into child and adolescent development.
1. Defining the parts or qualities that children want to develop helps to understand their children. However, it is not right to make your child feel pressure to other people's success stories or characteristics.
2. Strengthening and sustaining family ties is the most fundamental element of parenting. Let's have a good time with family members. Let us know and tell you how much you love your child, regardless of your child's behavior, and without comparison to others.
3. By creating discipline, children can control their own behavior and control frustration and anger.
4. You must have an open mind to make mistakes and trial-and-error while growing. If you encourage it and rather lose or make mistakes and get lessons from it, you will go a step further in learning about life. It can also provide a way to get success in the long run as well as creative thinking.
5. Teach your home and community to feel responsible. It is important to remind that at home you are a member of an important family member, and that in your community you are contributing to being a model for older people and children.
6. Limit the use time for equipment that is defined as harmful to the health of youth and children in modern society such as TV, mobile, and computer. If you spend more time than you need and focus on TV, the Internet, and social media, you can potentially have side effects on your physical and emotional health.
7. By always letting your child know that you are working harder than you have accomplished on your own, you will feel that your parents are acknowledging you. In asking questions, it is better to ask daily and natural questions such as asking about day-to-day rather than performance-related questions.
8 If your child has decided on a course after high school, a positive attitude is needed. If you remind yourself that your child has a pathway to his or her success, it will help to raise confidence. Finally, there is the most important advice. There is not a single choice or method for success. It is therefore important to guide your child in making the right choices.